Disability advocacy is a critical safeguard to prevent abuse and neglect and to uphold, promote and protect the rights of people with disability. The Victorian disability advocacy futures plan 2018–2020 will help disability advocacy grow and get stronger in the future.
The plan will guide the government to:
- make improvements to the Victorian Disability Advocacy Program
- decide how best to invest funding, including through the 2018-19 State Budget
- respond to the community’s call for better access to advocacy
- determine a longer term approach to disability advocacy in Victoria from 2021.
The vision for the plan is: A thriving independent disability advocacy and self advocacy sector led by and for people with disability that reflects their diverse voices and takes action to uphold and promote their rights, wellbeing and interests.
The plan has four outcome areas that demonstrate the progress we want to make towards our vision. These are:
- Inclusion – disability advocacy is inclusive of everyone
- Connection – disability advocacy is strong, connected, and powerful
- Responsiveness – disability advocacy is responsive and timely
- Sustainability – disability advocacy grows into the future.
Victorian disability advocacy futures plan
The Victorian disability advocacy futures plan 2018-2020 is available in Word, as a summary document, in audio and easy read. Braille versions of the summary document are available on request.
Please contact the Office for Disability if you require the discussion paper in other formats by phone on 1300 880 043 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Victorian Disability Advocacy Futures Grants program
The Victorian Disability Advocacy Futures Grants program is a key deliverable of the futures plan. This program will fund eligible organisations and groups to deliver initiatives that will strengthen the sector by supporting the four outcomes of the futures plan.
Applications close 2:00pm Thursday 21 February 2019.
For more information download the Call for Funding Submission No. P15136 - Victorian Disability Advocacy Futures Grants Program from the Buying for Victoria website at www.tenders.vic.gov.au.