This website is moderated by the Department of Health & Human Services. By moderating the site, we aim to create a positive and respectful space where people can make contributions without being intimidated or insulted.
All content is screened by our moderators either before any content is posted to the service or immediately after any content is posted.
This may mean your content may not appear straight away, or until the moderators have reviewed and approved it. We will endeavour to publish your comment as quickly as possible.
We reserve the right to edit or remove any content after the content has been posted to the site.
Think positively about your participation. This is an opportunity for you to make constructive contributions to the development of Victoria’s state disability plan 2017-2020.
- Be mindful to protect your personal privacy and that of others by not including personal information of either yourself or others in comments. For example, please do not post full names, personal addresses or phone numbers or any other information that could identify yourself or others.
- Be respectful towards the views of other people, even if they are different from your own. Keep comments focused on the issue or topic rather than engaging in personal attacks. Never be rude or dismissive about other people's comments.
- Be thoughtful and kind in your responses. Consider what might be useful in what they are trying to say even if you disagree with it. It is okay to disagree, but do it in a way that is respectful and explain why you disagree.
- Be informed about the issues. It is a good idea to read through the content of the site and other comments before giving feedback. This will help create constructive discussions.
Be mindful that all comments are subject to the following rules.
- Do not post personal information about any other person.
- Do not make comments that can be considered personal attacks on other people.
- Do not make comments that are irrelevant to the topic being discussed.
- Do not use offensive language including profanity or comments that are considered defamatory to a person's character.
- Do not make comments that are discriminatory of people's gender, race, religion, culture, sexual preference, appearance or background.
- Do not post any links to any advertising, illicit or otherwise illegal material.
- Do to re-post your comment. Spamming of comments will not be tolerated.
Comments interpreted by the forum moderators as not meeting these rules, or otherwise interpreted as not being appropriate, may not be posted, or may be subject to partial or full editing prior to approval.
Should your comment be edited or refused, we will send you an email explaining the reason for its modification / refusal.
Persistent breaking of these rules may result in the suspension or deletion of that users account.
If moderators are concerned for your safety, you will be contacted via the email address provided with relevant contacts for crisis support and counselling services.
This website is hosted and operated by Harvest Digital Planning on behalf of the Department of Health & Human Services. Should you experience any technical issues, you can get in contact with them by sending an email to email@example.com